Wide receiver Antonio Brown announced he won’t be playing in the NFL any longer after he was released by the New England Patriots amid allegations of sexual misconduct.
His former team, the New England Patriots, released him after less than two weeks after a physical trainer accused him of sexual assault. Later, another woman accused him of making untoward advances toward her.
On Sunday, Brown went after several people, including ex-Pittsburgh Steelers teammate Ben Roethlisberger. He shared on Twitter a screenshot of an article detailing allegations of sexual assault against Roethlisberger, who ultimately was suspended for four games.
Brown said, “4 games for Big Ben crazy world I’m done with it (sic).” He was referring Roethlisberger’s suspension.
While Brown was released from the Patriots and reportedly lost tens of millions of dollars, he wasn’t banned from playing in the NFL.
“Shannon Sharp the funny guy on tv still after this (sic),” Brown wrote.
“Kraft got caught in the parlor AB speculations fired different strokes different folks clearly (sic),” he wrote.
Last week, two people with knowledge of the investigation into Brown being accused of sexual assault told The Associated Press that one of the accusers has met with NFL investigators and that there is no timetable for concluding the probe.
Both people spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Wednesday because of the sensitivity of the case.A spokesman for the district attorney’s office in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, said: “Our office, along with the Allegheny County Police Department, made contact with counsel for the plaintiff in the federal lawsuit involving Antonio Brown. Procedurally, it appears there is a statute of limitations issue in moving forward with any inquiry involving the Allegheny County allegation mentioned in the lawsuit.”