In Beijing's latest purge of top-tier defense officials, General Li Shangfu is the most senior leader to be "disappeared" inside China. What does the leadership shake-up mean for the Communist Party?
Plus, a clue about why hints of China's future war could be more than just talk. From mopping up Iranian crude oil to an AI race complete with killer robots, war preparations appear to be well underway. How should Washington up its game?
Topics in this episode:
- China's ‘Missing’ Defense Minister Reportedly Under Investigation
- U.S. Air Force Sec. Warns of Chinese Military Threat
- U.S. Seizes Oil Shipment from Iranian Terrorist Org.; DOJ Makes First Criminal Res. on an Oil Sanctions Violator
- AI-Powered Weapons: the U.s.-China Race for Tech
- China Sanctions U.S. Defense Contractors
- House GOP Target Chinese Companies Huawei, SMIC
- Research Group Hit With Cyber Attack After Sharing Organ Harvesting Testimony
- China's Overseas Repression: Canadian Warning
- 'A Messy War Scenario': Mills on China's Military Shake-Up Leads to 'Chaos'